Friday, November 16, 2012

A response: What it is like to bee me

It's easy to be me,
Once you've got the hang of it.
It's about learning how to use your hands,
to appease the goddess within.
It's about talking softly,
or not talking at all sometimes.
It's about laughing out loud
Over the telephone, over the computer screen,
across oceans and through timezones.

It's easy to be me,
get into my high heels and give it a try.

It doesn't take much to be me.
You just have to believe
In the eternal that's devoid of traces,
In the present that has no mercy,
And in a past that becomes you.
You don't need lessons to know how to be me.
you'll only have to learn of kindness
which comes from knowing the cruelest misery.

It's easy to be me,
All you have to do is
find your soulmate.

There! Now, you're me!
Do you feel the love?
Do you feel the distance tearing at your insides?
Do you feel that love that makes your toes curl up
and leaves you staring at the darkness
in fear and desperation?

Do you feel the tears well up
when someone breaks up over the phone?
Do you know what it's like
to feel like watered-down iced coffee,
and know that your knees will give way
if you don't call out and breathe deep?
Do you know that feeling of being so high,
higher than the best song you've heard?
There, now you're me!

Now, go out today and be me.
Have a nice day.
When we finally come home and find each other,
I shall see what it is like to have you,
And you shall know what it is
to be me.