Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Together, like bone and blood

1.
For a single tear shed
washes away a hundred sins.
And all the tears I shed for you
Have become oceans of sorrow
In which I drown.


2.
For my soul has no shape
It does not breathe.
It does not wake to the rays of the sun,
Or shiver in the winter's cold.
For my soul has no shape
It does not tire.
It knows not what fatigue means,
Nor has it known unquenchable thirst.
For my soul has no shape
And it shall never walk through fire,
I surrender my body.
To end this pain,
To cleanse my sins,
To forget this cruelty,
And make me once more
Divine.


3.
I surrender my body
To ask that my soul become divine.
I surrender my love
To ask that you be mine.


4.
It is only by suffering through the pain
you inflict on me
that I can reach the divine absolute
of your love.


5.
Because mourning requires a recognition of grief. A measurement of how grief strikes the deep depths of the heart. But how shall we measure a grief that we neither see nor hold. How do we gather this grief, wrap it up in protective folds of cloth and store away for another day?
Because pain requires a recognition of the divine. A measurement of how the deep wounds elevate the soul towards the flight of sacrifice. Sacrifice that teaches us about love.
Because love requires a recognition of self. My blood on your hands. My grief in your eyes. My pain in your ears. My sacrifice in your love.