Wednesday, July 31, 2013

anger in quotes

the beauty of destruction
is its ability to remind you
of the little details you had forgotten.

i know the eager hands;
i still feel the touch of your careful fingers
in the palm of my hand
as we held hands in the middle of a crowd
and walked through a world
that dared us to defy convention.

i know your smiling eyes
as we discussed how broken hearts are never repaired.
i remember the night when we sat among the stars
and showed off the sad stories
that hung on my neck and around your wrist.

i can still feel the devouring look you gave me
when you thought i was asleep.

i have played my games,
and you have told your lies.

now all we have left is destruction.

join me
when i burn our memories
and throw them to the wind.

if our hate is as strong as our love,
then it will be a rare thing of beauty,
surely worthy of protection.