Sunday, May 10, 2015

bestseller

it's been ten years since i saw your face.
that kind look when you would see me go by,
the assuring smile,
saying everything that could not be said.
it's been many moons,
and many winters come and gone.
the snow always reassuringly
bringing news of you from beyond the sea.

i know you are happy,
the rain said so himself.
i knew you were thinking about us the other day,
the trees passed on the secret to me.
i could feel you looking at your fingers and reminiscing,
entwined and trusting, desperately holding on
for one more minute,
the seas brought to me the familiar warmth, wave after wave.
the sun comes up every morning,
to whisper your thoughts to me,
and begs me to keep it secret.

it's been ten years.

sadly, that's no reason why
time and i
should become friends again.