Monday, May 18, 2015

sexy

i'm bruised and broken and scarred,
marks all over my body.
my knees tremble as i go up the stairs,
not yet healed from being pushed against the wall.
my elbows, scarlet from being held down on the floor.
i have scratches on my thighs and aches in my muscles,
from my neck down to my toes.
i'm beaten down, time and again,
forced to swallow my pride
and spit out the words that you want to hear.
my hair hurts from being pulled,
to bear witness to the tales of the darkness.
my eyes tear up, as i remember
your unforgiving mouth on my shoulder,
forcing me to listen to your shameful truth.
my mind is numb, unable to believe.
and my heart is dead,
bleeding on the carpet, stunned into silence
by the look in your eyes.

in the morning, all is calm and soft,
for the lesson has been learnt.

this pain and i,
we belong together.