Tuesday, June 30, 2015

a loneliness deeper than the sea

It's a lonely world
too few words to say what I mean, 
too many questions
with answers I don't want. 
it's a damn cold night 
when you finally know
that even the arms of the one you love
cannot heal the chill in your bones. 
I've left love behind me, 
and so it burned our bridges in anger.

now I don't recognise it anymore. 
and i will never know what it means 
to belong 
to you. 

it's a lonely road 
no lights on the way, 
and I know now 
that the end of the tunnel 
is darker than the beginning.  

the desperate sadness of heartbreak 
has built a fort around me 
that will last one thousand years, 
and even if in ruins, 
will be marvelled at one day. 
In the meantime 
all I can hope for 
is for it to protect me
against even the most furious rain.