Wednesday, January 13, 2016

honesty

it would not matter if i drew a secret map
to find my way back to your heart.
i am hopelessly lost already. 

it would be of no consequence if i wrote
the most beautiful poems for you, or read every book
to quote a smart line or two, when you are tired. 
it would not matter if i practiced my smile in the mirror,
or brushed my hair out of my face, the way you like, 
or was kind to strangers like you are,
or lived my days with a passion equal to your own. 

it would probably not matter
if i slit my wrists again, so you would know the truth.
it is of no importance that i over-achieve my target
because i was aiming wrong all along.
it would not matter if i tattooed your breath on my skin,
just so i could feel you any time i want. 

it would not matter if i was perfect, because you don't want it.
and if i was your one wish come true, 
you would not know what to wish for next. 

it would not matter if i stopped time, just to kiss you again,
because i would just be left with another broken thing. 

all of my great life does not matter.
because it will never be shared with you.

this is the worst movie we have ever seen. 
and the end doesn't even matter anymore.