Monday, July 3, 2017

never-ending sky

Why?
I don't want to know when,
Or how.
Or even if it is ever possible.
I don't need to know the time
Or the place or which lifetime.
I don't want promises,
Or hope or regret.
I don't need to know what it is,
Or where it can be found.
I just want to know why.
Why did we never choose
when we actually had a choice.
As if we were a corrupt two-member government,
Trying to grab what we can get,
rather than hold on to what we have.
As if we were the only two birds,
in a never-ending sky,
and we still fought for space.
Why did we not have the courage then,
to say what we should have.
Why do we not say it now?
Why do we hold back,
when there's nothing to lose?
Why do we rage against the rain,
As if the fault was in the stars.
Why do we not talk of love,
even though it's the only thing we have left?
Why won't you say you love me,
even though I won't say it back?